7 Oct 2014

thailand high end haul !


Hey guys!

So, I'm back! I finally had two weeks of complete bliss in Patong Beach, which is in Phuket, Thailand, and I loved every single minute. A great plus was that I was able to disconnect from my social media, blog, work and uni troubles after feeling alot of pressure from all sides and really take a break. I saw tigers, I relaxed, I sunbaked, I was a bridesmaid - but most importantly, I shopped. Oh yes, I shopped up a storm.

Funnily enough, I didn't actually buy alot of makeup. I'm not sure how many of you have been to Thailand, but basically all the makeup in their market places are completely fake. I even got to see a supposed 'Urban Decay Naked 4' and 'Naked 5' - which I did almost buy for the hell of it, but really I preferred to spend my money on bags, clothes and then spend the rest of my money on high end makeup purchases in a department store and of course, duty free at the airport.


I was so excited to get my hands on some products that I have wanted forever, and even some newer releases! I am now the proud owner of two Bobbi Brown products AND a Chanel foundation - me #imsofancy ! I'm going to give you guys a basic run down of the products, some of which I have already tried, so I can give you a basic first impression. If you want to see any follow up reviews, let me know in the comments!


First up is this beauty - the Chanel Vitalumière Aqua Foundation. This has been on my list for a loooooong long time, and is also my first ever Chanel product. But the price point has always been a huge turn off, so I never took the plunge. I ended up picking this up in Kuala Lumpur Airport, and to be honest, it wasn't the product I was actually looking for. I have been on the hunt for the YSL Rouge Pur Couture in #10 and I finally found a YSL counter, only to discover that the shade was out of stock. Typical. While wallowing in my self pity and disappointment, I wandered over to the Chanel counter. As I had the currency to spend (I wanted to spend it as I would be losing money if I converted back to Australian dollars), I asked to be matched to this baby.

I have worn this once so far, and it has a gorgeous, natural finish. Its definitely not full coverage, but it just makes your skin look really good skin (for want of a better description). I have really been enjoying that type finish lately, with this foundation joining the ranks of my BareMinerals BareSkin Foundation and my NARS Tinted Moisturiser. I'll definitely keep wearing this (especially considering the amount I paid), and if you want to see a proper review I can definitely organise that!

From left to right: Bobbi Brown Bronzing Powder in Golden Light, MAC Mineralize Skin Finish Natural in Medium Deep & Bobbi Brown Shimmer Brick in Beige

Swatches (l-r): Bobbi Brown Bronzing Powder in Golden Light, MAC Mineralize Skin Finish Natural in Medium Deep & Bobbi Brown Shimmer Brick in Beige

Of course, I also had to make a stop off at Bobbi Brown and MAC. I have never owned any products by Bobbi Brown, so I picked up two products that I have wanted FOREVER - at the top of my list was the Bobbi Brown Bronzer in Golden Light. When I visited New York last year, I looked for this bronzer EVERYWHERE - typically, it was sold out at every Bobbi Brown counter I visited. I'm glad I picked it up, its a gorgeous bronzer and a perfect colour especially with my tan. I picked up another MAC MSF Natural in Medium Deep as I love it, but my other is going a bit funny so I wanted to have a back up for when it bites the dust. And of course, the Bobbi Brown Shimmer Brick in Beige, because who doesn't rave about these? Plus I fell in love once I swatched it - mixed together its a gorgeous champange bronze highlight that I honestly don't already own.

From left to right: MAC Brave, MAC Up The Amp, MAC Sweet & Sour, NARS Audacious Lipstick in Raquel & NARS Velvet Matte Lip Pencil in Sex Machine

Swatches (l-r): MAC Brave, MAC Up The Amp, MAC Sweet & Sour, NARS Audacious Lipstick in Raquel & NARS Velvet Matte Lip Pencil in Sex Machine


And of course, no trip would be complete without picking up some lipsticks. I made a stop off at the MAC counter (MAC has been a huge source of my online retail therapy lately) and as well as the MSF, I picked up three lipsticks in Brave, Up The Amp and Sweet and Sour. So far, I'm in love with Brave (check my IG for my quick post about this shade) and I love the other two but haven't had a chance to wear them yet. And OMG you guys, get yo' hands on the NARS Audacious Lipsticks. Pick one, pick two, pick 'em all if you want, but this is a lipstick formula you need in your life. They're unbelieveably creamy and pigmented and buttery - just no words. No words. After numerous swatches, I eventually decided on Raquel which is the nude-pink of the bunch (shocking, right?), and I would have picked up more, but had to run. I also picked up their Velvet Matte Lip Pencil in Sex Machine which is super pigmented when swatched but on my lips it seems to lose that pigment.. Maybe my lips are just too pigmented, I'm not sure. I'll definitely wear it, but I do wish that I had time to pick out a different shade.

And thats it for my Thailand makeup haul! Of course, I picked up more goodies - bags, shoes, sunglasses, wallets, clothes etc - but these products are what I am most excited about! Tell me, what are the products you are saving for? I know Sephora has their holiday sets releasing soon - eek, that excites me SO much!

Until next time...

xxxx

in between blogging, you can find me here!






4 comments :

  1. Ooo lucky! Please do a review on the Chanel Foundation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved what you picked up!
    Those lippys look especially amazing xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such an amazing haul! Ha! I would've loved to see what they put together for a Naked 4 and 5 palette! Wonder if they predicted correctly haha! I've been wanting to try the Chanel foundation for ages as well, it sounds so lovely. And omg everyone is raving about those NARS lipsticks! I seriously need to get my hands on one, or at least have a swatchfest!

    Tasha // shiwashiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh man I would have loved to see what they're calling the Naked 4 and 5!

    ReplyDelete