20 Jan 2016

REVIEW// Tarte Tartlette in Bloom Palette


Hey guys!

Remember the Tarte Tartelette Palette? The eyeshadow palette EVERYONE had, and if they didn't, was number one on their wishlist? With a gorgeous assortment of mattes, the Tartelette Palette was absolutely stunning, and put a new spin on neutral palettes compared to their competitors.

I'm not going to lie, I don't own the original palette and now I probably never will. It was always on my wishlist, but I just never got around to actually making the purchase. But as soon as I saw photos of this palette, I needed it like I have never needed a palette before. I stalked trendmood, Tarte's website, waited for a release date, swatches, a price, review, anything that would keep me informed. As soon as it was released on Tarte's website, I went through Comgateway's Buy For Me service (seeing as Tarte doesn't accept international payment) for the first time ever so that I could have it in my hot little hands as soon as possible.

And boy, do I not regret it in the slightest at all.


This is what dreams are made of. In a palette. Oh Tarte you did so very well.


First of all, let's talk about the packaging. Gold detailing on a purply/pink/red background, its very swanky and veeeerrrry visually appealing. You then open up the palette to see a huuuuuge mirror, and the most gorgeous neutral shades laid out in front of you. If that doesn't grab you immediately, the chocolate cupcake smell will.

I've used this palette pretty much everyday since it arrived on my doorstep. Can you tell by my use of Smarty Pants in the photo? The shadows are incredibly pigmented and buttery, and it takes nothing to build them up. I'll be honest and say that the shade that sold me on this palette was Firecracker - a beautiful bronze, shimmer shade. It just does not disappoint in the slightest for me personally, and if you are someone who uses and abuses warm neutral shadows like yours truly, you are definitely going to need this palette.

And if that rave review hasn't sold you, let me swatch this bad boy for you:


 Charmer, Jetsetter, Rocker, Smokeshow


Flower Child, Smarty Pants, Firecracker, Activist


Funny Girl, Sweetheart, Rebel, Leader

My favourite shades thus far are Jetsetter, Rocker, Smarty Pants, Firecracker, Funny Girl and Sweetheart. But really, all of the shades in this palette are amazing, and I can guarantee I'll be using all the shades in this palette in one way or another.

Now, if you look at the original palette and back at this one, don't you think the original is almost a little boring in a way? The Tartelette In Bloom palette, for me, makes up for everything the original lacked. I can't imagine myself purchasing the original palette anymore now that I own this one. I don't think I could ever go back honestly.

Now that I'm sure I've sold you, you can purchase it here from Sephora or the Tarte website for $45. It hasn't been released to the Australian market yet, but when it does I'll be sure to update you all. In the meantime, you can use a shipping service to get it here for you. I personally use Comgateway - here is a post detailing my thoughts on them and their service :)

Have you tried this palette? Which would you prefer - the original Tartelette or Tartelette 2?

Until next time...

xxxx


in between blogging, you can find me here!




2 comments :

  1. Great review Bek!!! I actually got the original palette but really didn't like it. I am just not an all matte girl, so I am giving mine to a friend. This one seems way more up my alley! I know Tarte just released a notice on their instagram saying that they do international shipping so I might have a look at buying from them directly.

    Sarah | Bows & Pleats

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great article, love your sharing so much, thank you!

    ReplyDelete